Pregnancy massage is a specifically designed treatment to relieve aches and pains associated with pregnancy. Here at Motion Physical Therapy Clinic we use the sidelying position with pillow supports for our pregnancy massage treatments. As the pregnancy progresses throughout the trimesters the physiological changes and emotional changes affect every woman differently. Our therapists are trained to treat from simple hip/back ache to compression symptoms to edema/swelling and much more.
Some benefits of Pregnancy Massage include:
- Reduces swelling in hands and feet.
- Eases postural strain and tension from the developing baby - back pain, neck pain.
- Eases siactic pain in buttocks and legs.
- Helps treat insomnia, poor sleep.
- Reduces fatigue by increasing blood and lymph flow.
- Increases oxygen in the blood for both mother and baby.
- Stimulates the release of endorphins - the body's natural pain killers!
- Helps relieve anxiety and depression.
- Treats compression symptoms in neck/shoulders and lower back.
Acupuncture/Dry Needling »